Sunday, March 16, 2008

White Lighting

I'm beyond the point where I take an overtly holistic or spiritual approach to writing, but some residual belief in faeries and winged muses clings to the inner walls of my brain. Case in point:

"Stage 28" HAD to be written in the wide black journal with yellow pages and the silver placeholder ribbon, with black pens, in handwriting.

"After the Blackout" HAS to be written in the blue-ish "inspiration" notebook my mother gave me for Christmas, with blue pens, in printing.

6 comments:

Malhavoc Shadowlord said...

I know what you mean. There are things I write that must be written in black ink dispensed through fountain pens. And then there are ideas I simply cannot follow through unless I do it in one of my online journals. Even then, blogger versus LJ matters... for some odd reason.

Tiffany Maxwell said...

Apparently you've never had a LiveJournal-worthy thought, as I've never known you to actually post there.

That's....that's probably a good thing.

Malhavoc Shadowlord said...

Uhm. Unless I have multiple LJ accounts. Novel idea, I know.

Alternatively, I could just have a lot of private posts in my main LJ account and use it as an online repository of my work. Okay, this isn't actually true (and a brownie point for you if you can figure out how to confirm this) but I'm pointing out the possibility.

Jeff Parish said...

Everyone's got their own little things, don't they?

...but, blue ink in a blue journal? Will you be able to read it? *grin*

Tiffany Maxwell said...

Glory halleleujah, someone call CNN. Someone who's not Malhavoc, Shayne, or my mother read an entry.

To be accurate, only the cover of the notebook is mostly blue. The pages are yellow (with blue stars). It's a very cheery, happy journal. I intend to desecrate it.

Jeff Parish said...

That's all there is to do with something happy and cheerful.

is there anything more disgusting?