Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stage 28: the story of the story, THE FINAL CHAPTER

Yes yes, I know I've been slow with this ending of mine. Really, it's because writing and other creative endeavours (drawing and sewing for a start) have been taking precedence over blogging about writing and other creative endeavours. You should be glad. Or not, as none of you have read my work yet, so for all you know I might be a hack of Brown Rice proportions.

I wasn't kidding when I said there really wasn't much more to tell. I truncated the absolute worst of the garbage, and reworked the beginning into something readable (though the homoerotic elements stayed notably intact). I found what seemed like a good pausing point in the story, and turned in that much to my professor. I found that I was becoming increasingly fond of the work, and wanted to finish it again, but actually make it good this time.

The end has been very slow in coming, I must say. I've been bashing my head against the wall, the desk, and whatever other hard objects have been close at hand for nearly a year. This sounds painful, and perhaps not conducive to grand inspiration, but I was kicked in the head by a horse as a child, and my risk assessment abilities kinda went out the window after that. So did my math skills. What's traumatic brain injury? Cognitive impairment what?

There is light at the end of the tunnel, however. Of course, it's a white candle set on an ornate iron candle stand, so the light is weak and flickering, but such an atmosphere is only befitting for a scholarly artiste such as myself. This is a difficult story to do anything with: a director starts to lose it when his idiot actors don't see his vision. Then what? More importantly, so what? Unanimously, the opinions of the few who have read the original fragment of "Stage 28" have been, "Wow, it's good. I've absolutely no idea where you're going to go from here, but it's good." My thoughts exactly. I like my homoerotic fanfic. And now, I'm going to finish it without having to separate it into 200+ chapters on a specially filtered LiveJournal, and give it a title like, "All I Asked of My Angel of Music of the Night".

Edit: I am bored at work, and so issuing a challenge to both my readers: think of the most annoying title possible for a Phantom fic created out of song titles from the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical. Include a brief description of the story if you'd like. For example:

"Thinking of All I Asked of my Angel of Music of the Night": Having chosen to end his sad, lonely life, Erik reflects on his relationship with Christine, and of why she rejected him (hint: it was because of his face).

"Wandering Child Goes Down Once More": Erik/Christine. PWP. i think dis iz the best thang i've evar writen. guys read it and rate it good, k? lol

"Phantom of the Prima Donna": Erik stalks the NEW star of the Paris Opera House. She has long jet black hair, starry violet eyes, and albatross skin. I meant alabaster skin. She is perfect. Chapter 1 of 2867493^10.

"Point of No Return to the Masquerade": All the cool kids at the party were mean to Erik, so he runs away and hides in his labyrinth. Christine comforts him. Rated PG-13 for some sexual content (ie. no goats).

Make me laugh, people.

Edit #2: Okay, you can use song lyrics as well as titles. I'm making this too easy.

Edit #3: Include story descriptions. I can't make it TOO easy.

Edit #4: I'm going to stop making edits now.

No comments: